Hi

In my quest for better samples and documentation, I have started creating
sample Clay configurations for the variuos Tomahawk components. I have run into
an issue that has made me scratch my head a bit.

First there is an issue[1], [2] with the Tomahawk JSCoockMenu and the inner
form. There is a workaround for this that can be achieved if you code the menu
in Clay-HTML style as outlined in [2]. Now trying to achieve the same in XML is
however not that easy. The reason being that you can not set the "name"
attribute of the inputHidden component in such a way that is does not get
mangled with an "id....." in front of it when it gets rendered.

This leads me to wonder: Does the "name" attribute have to follow the naming
scheme of the id's? As far as I can tell it is not need when building/restoring
the component tree, so it should be possible to set it to some name and have
its name remain untouched. If is has not been specified, then the renderer is
free to do what ever it wants. I have noticed that the only components that get
a "name" rendered by default are forms and hidden inputs. For the form I can
see why one needs a "name" attribute, but not for the hidden inputs.

I propose that we in Clay add the ability so set the name as an attribute, and
have it retain that value unchanged.

[1]
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-219?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@myfaces.apache.org/msg20819.html

Hermod

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.