2007/7/16, Gary VanMatre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>From: "Antonio Petrelli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> 2007/7/15, Gary VanMatre :
> >
> > I don't think we can use a standard maven setup to build the plugin
> > project (any ideas?).
>

> At Struts the "sandbox" is also a Maven project (child of
"struts-master"),
> and the "sandboxed projects" are children of project "sandbox".

That's a good idea and how some of our sandbox projects are organized.  I
was being very vague in my question.  The eclipse plugin needs several
dependent jar files but I don't believe there is an archetype for an eclipse
plugin project.  I believe that you have to use the IDE to deploy a plugin
project so that it can be used.  I think we could use maven to pull the
dependent jars for a maven repository but I'm not sure of the best way to
override the default behavior of a "jar" archetype.  The plugin expects the
dependent jars to be in a "lib" folder under the project folder.

I'm just learning about these plugin projects so any tips on the best way
to manage would be greatly.

After a bit of googling I found this:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/pde-maven-plugin/
It seems that it can create an Eclipse plugin update site, thought it seems
to lack a bit of documentation... better than nothing :-)

Antonio