De: Greg Reddin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: lunes, 07 de enero de 2008 22:06
Para: dev@shale.apache.org
Asunto: Re: Proposal: Sundown Shale-Tiles

On Jan 4, 2008 8:40 PM, Gregg Leichtman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I consider this important, since I use Tiles and I want to and
> currently am using JSF 1.2, since it resolves the interweaving problem

> among other things. Granted, I could potentially move to Clay, but I
> came from Struts and I am familiar with Tiles and it does what I need
> it to do, especially the latest version. IHMO the current state of
> Tiles support in MyFaces and Shale acts as a barrier to Tiles adoption

> under JSF 1.2 which I hope is not intentional.

My original intent was to invest effort in getting Tiles to work better
with JSF. Then I discovered Facelets and decided my efforts would be
largely redundant. I haven't used Clay yet, though I didn't ignore it
intentionally, but to me, Facelets does for JSF what Tiles originally
did for Struts. That is, it provides an extremely easy-to-use templating
and page-building system. Once I got used to Facelets JSP in JSF felt
like driving a 1973 Plymouth that gets about
4 mpg gas mileage :-) I do think Tiles could do a lot for JSP in JSF
with some TLC, but, again, the work just seems redundant to me. The
effort to migrate from Struts-Tiles to Tiles 2 is about the same as
learning Facelets. I still love Tiles and I think it has a good future,
but the low-hanging fruit has been harvested IMO.

Greg

Aquest missatge electronic esta dirigit unicament a les adreces indicades. El
seu caracter confidencial, personal i intransferible esta protegit legalment.
Qualsevol revelacio, us o reenviament no autoritzat, total o parcial, esta
prohibit. Si ha rebut aquest missatge per equivocacio, notifiqui-ho
immediatament a la persona que l'ha enviat i esborri el missatge original
juntament amb els seus fitxers annexos sense llegir-lo ni gravar-lo.
TMB (Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona)

Informacio interactiva de transport: www.tmb.net