Gary, thanks for the answer.

I was working on this that's right and I already finished 5 chapters, problem
is that some co-authors didn't finish their stuff, also right now the future od
Shale itsself is really unsure, so at the minute I don't see a chance that
someone will publish the book.
Even though I think I should do something with the 5 chapters, maybe I release
it as a blog or I pass it to the community, I guess there will be some interest.

> The vision of Shale was to provide feature addons to JSF.  We will be seeing
> forms of these features added to the next versions of the JSF spec so as time
> > passes they will be less desirable.  However, I have to believe there are
> fresh ideas out there looking for a home.

> I don't think I can answer you question about when the next shale release
> will be.  I think it depends on when we can coordinate the efforts.

I think we are still suffering from the "loss" of Craig, but in gerneral I
guess Shale should not disappear, it is useful and people want and need the
stuff which is in Shale, question is really is the developper and user
community strong enough to keep Shale alive?
I see what feedback I can get from the presentation.

Bernhard