In its meeting yesterday the Apache Board of Directors unanimously
approved a resolution naming Gary VanMatre the new chair of the Apache
Shale Project Management Committee.  Please join us in congratulating
Gary for this new role.

In addition we would like to publicly thank Craig McClanahan for his
service to this project and his invaluable contribution to the Java
web application development community. We are endlessly grateful to
him for his role in defining the JavaServer Faces framework and, more
specifically, in birthing the Shale project. It is no small loss to
this community that his work has made it difficult for him to be as
involved as he once was. At his own request, Craig is now an emeritus
member of the Shale PMC.

Thank you,
Greg Reddin
Apache Shale PMC Member