My question may be out of topic.

I started creating my first project using Shindig, and i install .WAR file.
We can download .WAR file and it is easy to install in TOMCAT.

Just trying to understand (i am not java programmer), until and unless i
dont make any changes to java source code (some customization). i really
dont need to build it??  Or do i need to build shindig even i dont change
source code to pickup system configuration (java version, memory etc...) on
which i will be running shindig??

Shindig is good application.

For PHP application we need to install APACHE and TOMCAT (its setup is bit
complex.) otherwise everything is perfect.

Regards,
Raj