Hi,

while looking at the current installer code, I noticed that it would be
nice to have the run mode stuff at a more prominent place (so far we
have never released this bundle yet).
We have the SlingSettingsService in our API - which is a prominent place
but somehow the service doesn't feel right there (and we haven't
released the API with that service yet).
The implementation of the SlingSettingsService is in the engine bundle
though it has no other dependencies to the engine. This makes other
bundles using the settings service (like the Sling eventing) indirectly
depend on the engine although they never need the engine.

I think I much cleaner solution would be:
- creating a new settings bundle under /extensions
- move the SlingSettingsService there from the API
- move the implementation from the engine bundle to the API
- add stuff from the current RunMode interface to the
SlingSettingsService and move the run mode implementation into the
settings bundle as well

This will clean up our API again and bundles requiring run mode or sling
settings depend on a single, small bundle: the settings bundle.
As all of this is not released yet, we can safely change this.

People who might already use the run mode stuff can safely continue to
do so as the new settings bundle would not interfere with the run mode
bundle - you would just end up with two services doing the same stuff.

If noone objects, I'll do these changes this week.