hi *,

in SLING-3290 [0] I have started to write some performance test regarding long
startup time with many vanityPath or alias.

As you might see from the attached graph the startup time increases
considerably with the number of vanityPath.

The same should applies to aliases (I am writing the test case).

The reason behind this is comment and should be IMHO the usage of a query that
updates the global map entry.
In fact the "issue" doesn't occur only at startup but as well every time a
vanityPath/alias is updated.

IMHO would be nice to try to improve this situation.

WDYT?

regards

antonio

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3290