Hi,

I am thinking if we reduce the amount of data persisted in the repository
with every topology heartbeat.

For example we could just update the timestamp of the of announcement
hearbeat, if the topology hasn't changed at all (instead of writing the
complete announcement).

A more radical approach would be to avoid the persisting of topology
information to repo completely, if this node isn't part of a cluster at
all. All the state could be kept in memory, and in case of crash/restart
the topology needs to gathered again. Of course this would require some
more logic in case if a single node is being promoted to a member of an
cluster, as then the current behaviour should be used.

WDYT?

Jörg

--

http://cqdump.wordpress.com