Hi all

I have been working in my whiteboard extending  Sling's request parameter
support with the following goals:

1. Support both Servlet API 2 and Servlet API 3 which brings
multipart/form-data support with additional API.
2. Support Sling's request parameter support for non-Sling servlets.
3. Make sure request parameters are provided in the order they have been stated
in the request
4. Suppport an application requirement to get access to the request parameters
in the order they have been defined on the request

The third goal actually goes back to a Servlet API deficiency which does not
define this order. Unfortunately some of our application require such an order
and so we have to make sure. Also some servlet containers (Jetty) support such
a request parameter order by internally using a LinkedHashMap while others
(Tomcat) don't. With the new implementation of parsing the parameters we solve
this difference and always provide a defined order.

The implementation can be found at [1]

BTW: The hack in the engine bundle using an ant compile step is to be able to
compile for both Servlet API 2 and Servlet API 3. If someone has a better, more
elegant solution, I am more than happy to change the current hack :-)

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/whiteboard/fmeschbe/parameters