Hi

I started to look into how to add tenant support to Sling.

This is my test scenario:

I have an /apps/foo/bar/html.esp and a /apps/tenant1/foo/bar/html.esp and a
/content/mynode entry. The title of the second html.esp is different so that I
know which one is loaded.

Changes to the code:

1) Added get/setSearchPathExtension() to the Resource Resolver and its
implementation.

2) In the SlingRequestProcessorImpl I extract the tenant from the first sub
domain (no OSGi Service yet) and prepend it with /apps/ to the Search Path
Extension

3) In the Servlet Resolver added the code to set the Search Path Extension from
the Resource’s Resource Resolver onto the Script Resource Resolver.

Ran it and it showed the Tenant Specific ESP when the host name has a tenant it
as sub domain and the original ESP when used with localhost.

This shows that is it basically possible to thread through the tenant Search
Path on a per-call basis to the Servlet Resolver. There is still much to do
like the Cache handling in the Servlet Resolver and a OSGi service that
provides the tenant from a request.

I can create an Issue and add a patch of my changes to it if anyone is
interested.

Cheers - Andy