I think using a thread local is an implementation detail and TenantAware
has a single method like

TenantResolver getTenantResolver()

while TenantResolver has a single method

Tenant getCurrentTenant()

(Don't quote me on the names, its just the first option which came to my
mind)

And then either Tenant gets a method returning the additional search path,
or we use a convention, like /libs/{tenantId} and /apps/{tenantId}

The implementation of the tenant resolver would use a thread local