I see 3 problems:

- allowing to hook in a custom lookup strategy and not defining a clear lookup
& content model (too much magic in such things is bad, it should be obvious by
just browsing the JCR, just as with resource types)
- the idea of putting configurations itself under /content; configs have a
different management lifecycle and ACLs
- complexity of the API, Parameter<> generics just replicate the valuemap, but
in what seems to me like an overengineered fashion & one that shields too much
from the power of JCR, which might lead to have people invent custom string
formats instead of using JCR properties; in reality, 80% of properties are
strings, 10% each are boolean or integers (subjective experience stats TM :))

Cheers,
Alex