Hi,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Stefan Seifert <sseif...@pro-vision.de> wrote:
> ...i propose to add a new feature to the Sling API and Sling Engine to access
> to the current request via an OSGi service, using
> a servlet filter and a thread local internally....

+1 in principle, though as Carsten says we can implement this in the
engine to avoid the filter.

> ...we have already a comparable threadlocal concept for resource resolver
> [3]...

So maybe we should rather put a single"request context" object in a
ThreadLocal, instead of having different objects manage their own
thread local things?

Something like

public interface ThreadLocalContext {
  SlingHttpServletRequest getCurrentRequest();
  ResourceResolver getCurrentResourceResolver();
  ResourceResolver [] getActiveResourceResolvers();
}

etc...we can then test and evolve this in a cleaner way than with code
scattered around various classes.

For backwards compatibility, we can deprecate [3] and let it use this
new API for now.

-Bertrand

[3]
http://sling.apache.org/apidocs/sling7/org/apache/sling/api/resource/ResourceResolverFactory.html#getThreadResourceResolver--