This might've been buried under the 'Closeable' thread so resending so
that it does not suprise anyone.

Currently our projects can use either Java 5 or 6, with 5 being the
default. This is very much out of date and we're missing out on
language improvements. I would suggest changing the supported Java
versions from

- 5 (default), 6
- 6, 7 (default)

I would have preferred

- 6, 7 (default), 8

But Java 8 support is blocked due to SLING-4702 [1].

Thoughts on the proposed change for the supported Java versions?

Cheers,

Robert

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4702