On 28.05.2015, at 09:32, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:

> Am 28.05.15 um 18:25 schrieb Alexander Klimetschek:
>> On 27.05.2015, at 01:35, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I'm happy to collaborate on creating these examples (which can simply
>>> be unit tests for a relevant ResourceProvider) but before that I'd
>>> like to discuss what the alternatives are, before we invent YAQA (*).
>>
>> We have the querybuilder [1] in our CQ/AEM product, we could contribute this
>> to Sling, I think (pending internal legal processes of course).
>>
> I guess that would be nice, but isnt the query builder an http api? How
> is that translated to resource queries?

No, it's both. It is a normal API [1], usage example at [2], but it also has a
form that is easy to transport over http using GET/POST parameters and comes
with a (popular) servlet that provides the result as json. The general
predicate format is not depending on an order or correctly nested brackets, so
you can easily build "advanced" search forms.

[1]
https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/ref/javadoc/com/day/cq/search/package-summary.html
[2]
https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/ref/javadoc/com/day/cq/search/QueryBuilder.html