On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 16:15 +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Robert,

> >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5455
> >   https://svn.apache.org/r1726814 ...
>
> I have second thoughts about this, sorry ;-)
>
> Touching our "sacred" API bundle just for this doesn't feel
> right...how about creating a new bundles/extensions/sling-commons or
> sling-util bundle? It will be almost empty for now but that's a good
> place to add such minor utilities later, without touching "important"
> bundles.

Moving out of API is fine for me.

Keeping in mind that this will be used by the resourceresolver bundle,
is bundles/extensions the right place ? ( not a rhetorical question, I
really don't know ).

As for the bundle name, I'm not a very big fan of commons/util since
they tend to become onfocused, but I don't have a better idea right
now.

I've reopened SLING-5455 to track the creation of the new bundle.

Robert