On Mon, 2016-10-31 at 11:17 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
> > On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.or
> > g> wrote:
> > > ...How would we handle launchpad tests that rely on functionality
> > > introduced in a SNAPSHOT dependency?...
> >
> > I suppose we'll need an annotation to indicate the requirements for
> > specific test.
> >

> Isn't that a little bit complicated? Who removes the annotation when
> things are released?

How about an annotation or an assumption mechanism which looks for a
specific bundle + version to be present? That would not need further
maintenance and can be removed at any time, should we want to remove
it:

  @NeedsBundle("org.apache.sling.commons.json", "2.1.0")
  @Test
  public void validateSomething() { ... }

or

  @Test
  public void validateSomething() {
    assumeThat(bundleIsPresent("org.apache.sling.commons.json",
  }

> In general, can we come up with a full proposal instead of discussing
> individual single points? I suggest we setup a wiki where we outline
> the
> full process and then can fill in the details

I can come up with a full proposal but there are some things which are
not totally clear to me, so that's why I'm asking :-)