Hi

In order to merge my IDE changes to the latest code base to test some issues
Ruben discovered with AEM 6.3 I ran into an issue that I could not compile
sling/tooling/ide from the command line.

I get this when I just try ‘mvn package’ from the tooling/ide folder:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:0.22.0:compile (default-compile) on
project org.apache.sling.ide.api: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR]
/Users/schaefa/Development/headwire/AdobeAEM.projects/HW.AEM.Tooling.Development/sling-git-fork/sling/tooling/ide/api/src/org/apache/sling/ide/filter/FilterLocator.java:[33]
[ERROR] @NonNull Filter loadFilter(@NonNull IProject project) throws
IOException, IllegalStateException;
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] Syntax error, type annotations are available only when source level is
at least 1.8
[ERROR]
/Users/schaefa/Development/headwire/AdobeAEM.projects/HW.AEM.Tooling.Development/sling-git-fork/sling/tooling/ide/api/src/org/apache/sling/ide/filter/FilterLocator.java:[33]
[ERROR] @NonNull Filter loadFilter(@NonNull IProject project) throws
IOException, IllegalStateException;
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] Syntax error, type annotations are available only when source level is
at least 1.8
[ERROR] 2 problems (2 errors)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

Removing the two annotations will let proceed with the build but then I fail
with this:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:0.22.0:compile (default-compile) on
project org.apache.sling.ide.eclipse-ui: Compilation failure: Compilation
failure:
[ERROR]
/Users/schaefa/Development/headwire/AdobeAEM.projects/HW.AEM.Tooling.Development/sling-git-fork/sling/tooling/ide/eclipse-ui/src/org/apache/sling/ide/eclipse/ui/nav/model/JcrNode.java:[1086]
[ERROR] final Filter filter = ProjectUtil.loadFilter(project);
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The method loadFilter(IProject) is undefined for the type ProjectUtil
[ERROR]
/Users/schaefa/Development/headwire/AdobeAEM.projects/HW.AEM.Tooling.Development/sling-git-fork/sling/tooling/ide/eclipse-ui/src/org/apache/sling/ide/eclipse/ui/internal/ImportWizardPage.java:[340]
[ERROR] IPath filterPath = ProjectUtil.findFilterPath(project);
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The method findFilterPath(IProject) is undefined for the type
ProjectUtil
[ERROR]
/Users/schaefa/Development/headwire/AdobeAEM.projects/HW.AEM.Tooling.Development/sling-git-fork/sling/tooling/ide/eclipse-ui/src/org/apache/sling/ide/eclipse/ui/internal/ImportRepositoryContentAction.java:[126]
[ERROR] filter = ProjectUtil.loadFilter(project);
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The method loadFilter(IProject) is undefined for the type ProjectUtil
[ERROR]
/Users/schaefa/Development/headwire/AdobeAEM.projects/HW.AEM.Tooling.Development/sling-git-fork/sling/tooling/ide/eclipse-ui/src/org/apache/sling/ide/eclipse/ui/internal/ExportWizardPage.java:[110]
[ERROR]
.getFileForLocation(ProjectUtil.findFilterPath(syncStartPoint.getProject()));

Which isn’t there.

Is it possible at all to build the the tooling/ide without Eclipse? If not, can
it made be possible to build the non-eclipse stuff (API, VLT, Resources) w/o
eclipse?

Thanks - Andy Schaefer