Hi Konrad,

On Wed, 2017-04-12 at 15:14 +0200, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> In the context of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4043 I
> had a closer look at the Sling IDE Tooling API again and made a new
> proposal on it in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/eAsjB.
> That should solve several of the issues we had with the API in the
> past.
> It would be good to hear some feedback on that, some parts are only
> roughly outlined up till now, especially the SerializationManager
> part seems to be a tricky one.
> I would like to hear some feedback on the proposal before I go ahead
> and implement that in a dedicated feature branch on Github.

Thanks for taking this up, the proposal looks good overall.

Some specific comments:

1. The ResourceProxy allows access to children but not to parents. Why
not parents as well? The current version sort of evolved from a thin
layer of properties to allow children access, but I'm not sure why we
don't allow that in the future.

2. For the ResourceProxy it might be worth introducing a PropertyType
concept. Right now IIRC we don't distinguish between the Reference and
WeakReference because they are both backed by an UUID.

3. Where would the ResourceManager fit in for the IDE tooling?
Currently we have a command concept that is used to perform remote
changes, which allows us to do batching/sorting/compacting.