Hi,

I am currently looking performance-wise on the resourceResolver; I found
that during request handling a single resource resolver often calls
getResource() for the same path. And before I start researching ways to
optimize it (caching is quite obvious), I would like know about the
detailed semantics of getResource().

Resource r1 = resourceResolver.getResource(path);
Resource r2 = resourceResolver.getResource(path);

I haven't in the javadoc any statement about the relation between these
two, especially if it's mandatory that r1 != r2 (which is the current
implementation). If there are requirements towards this, I would try to
come up with an implementation in which  r1 == r2.

WDYT?

Jörg
--
Cheers,