On Thursday 30 September 2004 18:42 CET Justin Mason wrote:
> Malte S. Stretz writes:
> > Why I sort that file now and then is because it makes it much easier to
> > see if a file is already in there or remove one which is gone.  Keeping
> > the MANIFEST up-to-date is already a PITA and an unsorted file makes it
> > even worse (ok, there are grep and friends but I think its faster to
> > scan the file with your eyes instead of calling some command).
>
> "make distcheck" works for me ;)
> "make disttest" is also useful -- if a file is missing, it should
> cause a test to fail anyway.

Yeah, they are useful but do you call them after (or better: before) each
commit?  I do so before each bigger change but for small things I often
simply forget it (or avoid it because it can take ages).

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>