Hello rohmer,

Friday, November 19, 2004, 7:29:56 AM, you wrote:

ran> I think this is a great idea..  It may also be useful, if this is
ran> going to be automated to have buckets for the rules based on the
ran> output of mass checks.

ran> Something like agressive rules, netrual rules, and lenient rules
ran> based on their catching of spam/ham.

ran> That way someone grabbing them that may not have full knowledge
ran> of how everything works does not turn around and say "I
ran> downloaded X rule from SVN and it caught Y Ham, why?"

We use this idea within SARE, documenting some rules within the files
so people can get an idea how/when/if to use them, and at other times
grouping rules by file along these lines.

However, I don't think it's necessary to do so within the SA SVN -- I
think people should assume that anything in SVN that hasn't been
migrated into one of the primary rules files is being tested, and
until so migrated is subject to an unknown risk of FPs.

That's why it's SVN and not a formal release...

Bob Menschel