On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 02:25:43AM -0800, Harry wrote:

> I am not sure what Henry's plans are. I believe we are awaiting Apache
> approval and then the project is on the move.

I think that it is very important to NOT wait for approval to being
the process of getting something working.  In fact, I'm sure that any
sort of "approval" will come much faster when there is a defined set
of goals and people already working towards those goals (ie code or at
least lots of forward thinking stuff on paper/wiki).

An idea doesn't need a mailing list to take off.  We already have a
mailing list, the SA users list.  This is where this idea should begin
taking shape.  When the amount of traffic about this topic becomes
large enough then a new mailing list can be spun off.

The last thing folks should be doing should be waiting on the SA PMC
to "approve" this idea.  If the idea truly has merit then it should
spring forward and code should be produced and at some point approval
will be an obvious next step.

Michael