Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> Shouldn't people evaluate whether or not they are eligible to use Razor2
> before downloading (and installing) the razor-agents from Vipul's website?

That was the substance of the reply I tried to write last night but was
too sleepy to finish.

I thought about how I never configure razor in my test installations and
wondered how that happened when I was pretty much taking defaults if we
supposedly support razor out of the box.

I realized it's because you don't get razor unless you explicitly
install Razor2 module from CPAN.

So we do not distribute SpamAssassin configured to run Razor. We
distribute it configured to use Razor if the Razor2 module is installed
on the machine. Installing Razor2 is what gets someone involved with the
license to use the service.

As a result of that, I am now +1 on having the line to include razor
being in init.pre and I am an agnostic +0 on whether it is commented
out. As far as I can see it makes no difference if enabling the razor
plugin requires only installing Razor2, or if it requires installing
Razor2 and also uncommenting a line in init.pre.

 -- sidney