Sidney Markowitz writes:
> On 3/17/06 12:38 PM, Kelsey Cummings wrote:
> > Justin - just noticed I've got a red X on my CLA status.  I submitted the
> > ASF authorization forms or whatever they were a long time ago.  I don't
> > want that to hold up the merging of my proposed patch provide you guys
> > accept it.
>
> I think that's now taken care of, for simple patches at least, by the
> following notice which is on the login and the create account pages:
>
> "Please note that by logging in/creating an account here, you:
>
>     * Understand that SpamAssassin is a project of the Apache Software
> Foundation and is licensed under the terms and conditions of the Apache
> Software License version 2.0.
>     * Have read and understand the terms and conditions of the Apache
> Software License version 2.0.
>     * Certify that any object code, source code, patch, documentation,
> etc., that you may supply can be redistributed under the same license
> terms and conditions as SpamAssassin itself."
>
> Am I correct about that, Justin?

as far as I know, it depends on the size of the contribution -- that login
verbage handles most small patches and contributions. But if you get into
something like a plugin with (let's say) multiple eval-rule methods, a
written/faxed CLA would be appropriate on top of that since it's a
"significant" contribution.

But Kelsey -- rest assured that you should have a green tick instead of
the red X, I'm sure you have a CLA on file already.  problem is, that's
manually maintained in bugzilla, and someone hasn't gotten around to
checking yet. ;)

--j.