On 30/04/2011 6:05 AM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
BTW, I haven't seen any voting on 3.3 bugs for quite a while now.
Meanwhile the written policies allows releasing betas at anytime. So we
might be better off just cutting a beta right now instead of waiting.
I'll try to do it this weekend if nobody objects.

Back when Theo and I were hammering out a release a month for about a year, we were giving one week notice that we were going to cut a tarball to vote on.

There's no need to call it beta if you don't want to. Just cut the tarball, post it to your home directory on people.a.o and let the dev@ list know where it is. We then let the vote run for the minimum time required -- at least (I prefer a 5 day minimum myself).

Let me know if you have any issues with the associated rule tarball. I can help out with that if you like. Copy me directly on any emails to the dev@ list about any required help.

Daryl