FWIW, I see no warning with today's rules on SA 3.4.6 and perl 5.34 on gentoo.

Benny, why don't you simply upgrade to 3.4.6? Sure, it hasn't yet been marked as stable by the gentoo maintainers, but it works perfectly.

--
John

Le 03/09/2021 à 16:37, Benny Pedersen a écrit :
On 2021-08-12 04:03, Benny Pedersen wrote:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/807781

is it solved in 3.4.6 ?

reply to myself if its matters, rule sets from current sa-update today is now showing this wide charters warning

step to reproduce in gentoo:

sa-update
sa-compile

before sa-compile call re2c its shown 2 warning lines

spamassassin version 3.4.5
perl version 5.34

from one of my friends with slackware 14.2 its not a problem with perl 5.22

slackware current have perl 5.34 aswell, but i dont use slackware :=)

seems pmc members does not either

spamassassin should be stable from perl 5.8 and upwards, but its not :/