The remaining issues targeted for 4.0.0 have been closed.

I'm declaring us in R-T-C mode now while I get an RC4 building. If it looks good, we can go right on to the 4.0.0 release.

I'm not calling for a formal vote on R-T-C. Any committer can vote -1 to veto the R-T-C announcement if you present a reason, so we can be informal about it.

Please don't commit anything except tests, rules, comments, and documentation without an associated Bugzilla issue and review votes.

I have been working on Github Action scripts that facilitate running all the regression tests in multiple versions of perl on Github Action virtual machines. Because of resource availability we can't run those on our ASF Github account, but it should allow anyone to fork the Github mirror of our svn repo to their personal Github account and run a complete suite of regression tests that way on Ubuntu Linux, Windows, and macOS.

I haven't committed that stuff to trunk yet, but as all of it is in test files or in a directory used only for Github actions, it will not be subject to R-T-C rules. I'll only finish it before building RC4 if it doesn't hold me up past today.

Regards,

 Sidney