One simple optimization might be to disable the application web UI in tests
that don’t need it.  When running tests on my local machine while also running
another Spark shell, I’ve noticed that the test logs fill up with errors when
the web UI attempts to bind to the default port, fails, and tries a higher one.

- Josh