Guys… please take what I say with a grain of salt…

The issue is that the input is a stream of messages where they are addressed in
a LIFO manner.  This means that messages may be ignored. The stream of data
(user@spark for example) is semi-structured in that the stream contains a lot
of messages, some which could be noise or repeats not really organized by
content.

So why not try to solve this as a Big Data problem… You’re streaming data in to
the ‘lake’ and upon ingestion, you need to scan / index / and tag the message
so that it could be easier to find.

Now you can create user tools to search the messages. (e.g. SparkSQL … , ML,
etc…) So you can find a target set of messages and see how many times they have
been viewed, answered… even query who answered them… (e.g. Dean Wampler on
Spark/Scala issues answered 30 questions this past month.   or Owen was
answering questions that focused on spark security… )  What features came up
the most in the questions…  etc …

I guess the point I’m trying to make is that you should consider rolling your
own tool set, or looking beyond just SO.

Some have taken to glitter to set up online communities where discussions and
questions can be answered… but looking at tools like glitter (github) ,
Atlassian, and SO… its a disjoint toolset.

Why not choose one, or decide to roll your own and move on with it?  (Either
under Apache, or outside on your own.)

I apologize for my mini rant.

-Mike

On Nov 7, 2016, at 4:24 PM, Maciej Szymkiewicz