It’s time to send our quarterly report to the ASF board on Wednesday. Here is a
draft, let me know if you have suggestions:

=======================

Apache Spark is a fast and general purpose engine for large-scale data
processing. It offers high-level APIs in Java, Scala, Python, R and SQL as
well as a rich set of libraries including stream processing, machine learning,
and graph analytics.

Issues for the board:

- None

Project status:

- We released Apache Spark 3.3.1, a bug fix release for the 3.3 line, on
October 25th.
- The vote on the Spark Project Improvement Proposal (SPIP) for "Support Docker
Official Image for Spark" passed. We created a new Github repository
https://github.com/apache/spark-docker for building the official Docker image.
- We decided to drop the Apache Spark Hadoop 2 binary distribution in future
releases.
- We added a new committer, Yikun Jiang, in October 2022.

Trademarks:

- No changes since the last report.

Latest releases:

- Spark 3.3.1 was released on Oct 25, 2022.
- Spark 3.3.0 was released on June 16, 2022.
- Spark 3.2.2 was released on July 17, 2022.

Committers and PMC:

- The latest committer was added on Oct 2nd, 2022 (Yikun Jiang).
- The latest PMC member was added on June 28th, 2022 (Huaxin Gao).