Here's the process I use for reference. Let me know if you have
suggestions for improvements, otherwise I'd like to put it up
on the Wiki as the recommended process to follow.

 1. using the cross-build result pages currently at
      http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/builds/
    scan result page for an uncharacterized error (build problem,
    abnormal exit, unexpected difference in example output)

 2. check other versions of the same platforms for the same error

 3. check 4.2.0 results for the same error on the closest
    available platform
    http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx-4.2.0/results/builds/

 4. file an issue for the problem
    *  if the problem is platform-specific, mention the platform
       in the Summary (e.g., [Sun C++ 5.8/Solaris/SPARC])
    *  if it's a regression from 4.2.0, check the Regression box,
       set Affects Version/s to trunk, and schedule for 4.2.1
    *  otherwise (not a regression), set Affects Version/s to
       4.2.0
    *  include as much detail in Description as possible (use
       the {noformat} tag to disable Jira formatting of command
       lines, code snippets, and program output)
    *  set the Severity field as appropriate
    *  try to asses the Priority of the problem based on the
       platform (Primary, Secondary, Best Effort), the Severity
       of the problem (signal is usually worse than compilation
       error), and the area of the library it affects (an error
       in a test due to a compiler bug is of lower priority than
       a runtime error pointing to std::string)
    *  if possible, take a guess at the effort required in fixing
       the problem by setting the Original Estimate

Martin