On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms> wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2012, at 7:49 PM, Stefan Teleman wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms> wrote:
>>
>>> The only gold currency that anyone in here accepts without reservations are
>>> failing test cases. I believe I have seen some exceptions to the golden
>>> rule in my RW time, but I can't recall any specific instance.
>>
>> That may be a valid metric here.
>
> The only one. Any programmer worth his salt -- I am borrowing your words here
> -- would be able to demonstrate the validity of his point of view with a test
> case.

I did. There are 12440 race conditions detected for an incomplete run
of 22.locale.numpunct.mt. By incomplete I mean: it did not run with
its default nthreads and nloops which I believe are 8 threads and
200000 loop iterations.

I presented a *proposal* fix which:

1. keeps your _numpunct.h forwarding patch
2. eliminates 100% of the race conditions

I have yet to see a counter-proposal.

The only thing i've seen are assertions ("race condition
instrumentation and detection tools are wrong"), mischaracterizations
("your patch is evil") and overall just email bullshit.

Not a single line of code which would resolve the 12440 race conditions problem.

--
Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.