On 10/16/2012 10:45 AM, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
Are there any performance tests (and measurements) of STDCXX features
against similar features in libc?

I don't think so. A long time ago I benchmarked stdcxx iostreams
and stdio on a variety of operating systems but I'm not sure where
those results are. They were interesting, though. On most systems,
stdcxx iostreams was either on par or even faster than stdio. The
one OS I remember not being able to beat was GLIBC.

Other than that, I don't remember benchmarking anything else. What
else is there? The only thing that comes to mind is locale. Do you
have anything else in mind?

Martin

Thanks,
Liviu