On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:57:14 -0400, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are a great number of teams that can't use the nightly build. If we don't cut
> regular releases, problems we fixed months and even a year ago, don't make it back
> to our users. What's the point of doing all this, if most people can't use what we
> do for so long?

Understood.  I've been there, as far as the "only released versions"
restrictions go.  I just suddenly pictured a release "just because" a
few weeks had passed even though there weren't any noticeable changes.
 Today, of course, we have the errorStyle enhancements that Niall
added, and of course some bug fixes.

> > On the other hand, if an every-few-weeks release cycle becomes the
> > norm, I suggest we keep track of which version has which on the
> > Wiki, just to make it easier on the users. :)
>
> We already bundle a good set of notes with every release, and I can guarantee that
> won't change.
>
> http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/release-notes.html
>
> The problem is that after 18 months, the notes are so long, that people give up
> trying to read them. :)
>
> And, of course, as far as maintaining anything on the Wiki goes, we includes you. :)
>
> -Ted.

Yup, that's why I used "we" instead of "y'all".  :)

- Hubert