> > One issue is that no jsf artifacts exist on ibiblio.
It turns out they are already on bluesunrise (You'll set this in the
project.properties)

> That file actually gets generated as part of the build (along with the
> documentation file describing the tag library.  In a binary
> distribution, you'll find it in the META-INF directory of
> struts-faces.jar as well.
ah, so that's why I didn't see it.  Ok, I took your ant scripts and put them in
maven.xml, so the struts-faces.tld gets generated.  I didn't do the doc one,
but it's the same idea.  I haven't used maven for producing docs at all.

> would I arrange the consolidation that is done in the top-level
> build.xml file of the "struts-faces" subdirectory, which basically
> delegates to the individual build scripts for each piece, and then
> combines the results?
That's the genearl idea.  You use the <m:reactor jelly tag.  I put this in the
maven.xml which sits in the top struts-faces directory.  You'll see in that tag
I have an empty goals attribute.  This calls the default goal, which is set in
maven.xml.  The other thing I did in this maven.xml is override the behaviors
defined in the upper (struts-wide) maven.xml.  Now you can just cd to
struts-faces and type maven.  This will generate struts-faces.jar and
example1-webapp.war.

I posted this latest patch:
http://www.benanderson.us/bd/maven2.txt
It's still kind of raw, but I think it displays most of the things you're
looking for.  You'll see I ran this diff from struts-faces instead of the base
struts dir.

One other thing - I finally got example1 working, but I had to add
validator-rules.xml, which was absent.  This needs to be there, correct?  I
don't see it in svn.

Thanks,
Ben