On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:36:10 -0500, James Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also, why do we have so many copies of the mailreader example all over the
> place?  Why can't we just keep one copy and have a build that can handle
> building for core or chain or shale or xyz?

For the most part, they aren't the same.  The canonical Struts
mailreader app has been reimplemented in struts-faces with JSF tags
but the same actions (twice, once without Tiles and once with), in
Shale (completely re-implemented with JSF tags and the replacement for
actions (much simpler, too, but that's for another thread :-).

The common thread (at least among the implementations I've seen so
far) is the abstraction of the DAO APIs (UserDatabase, User,
Subscription) and the corresponding implementation that uses an XML
document for persistence.  That part has already been abstracted out
... it would be straightforward for the customized implementations to
use that part from a common source, while keeping their own copies of
what might be unique.

> --
> James Mitchell
> EdgeTech, Inc.