On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:06:19 -0800, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:45:03 -0800, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I agree as well.  This lets us follow a consistent approach to
> > subprojects, where they may (and probably should) link to Struts core,
> > but Struts core should not depend on them.
>
> I hope this can actually be accomplished ... but I recall playing
> around with this particular separation when we had our testbed
> Subversion installation, and the interdependencies were much more
> invasive than I would have originally expected ... to the point that I
> deferred actually finishing this particular separation (since I was
> mostly focused on whether SVN made sense).

This actually sounds like a good reason to go this route and ensure
that the core has no dependencies on Tiles. If it isn't possible to
extract all of the Tiles pieces into a separate subproject, then we
have the wrong abstraction, and other people would not be able to
build extensions like Tiles without help in the form of changes to the
core.

--
Martin Cooper