On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:27:39 +0100, Matthias Wessendorf

>    public static Object getBean(String name) {

Over my development career, about 98% of the time I have implemented
static utility methods like this, I have been sorry later.
Inevitably, someone wants to specialize the behavior of the
(theoretically) universal utilities, and you just can't do that with
static methods.

I can see a case for a ShaleUtils type class that was *delegated* to,
but BeanUtils (and similar cases) has taught me to never again believe
that a framework author can know, ahead of time, all the possible use
cases for their utility code.

Craig