I spent some time yesterday looking at what's left wrt the sample apps.

From struts/action/  I can execute the following:
$mvn  (which runs the install target by default)

Looks like all artifacts are built correctly, so I proceeded to deploy all of the web apps...

struts-cookbook
 - was missing dependency on taglib -> fixed
 - I went through all of the examples and they seem to run ok

strutsel-exercise-taglib
 - href link from /logic-redirect.jsp redirects to
   port 9090 -> fixed
     (changed to redirect to root of application)

struts-mailreader
 - good to go

(Does the web tests work for this yet?)

struts-blank
 - looks good

struts-examples
 - looks good

struts-faces-example1
struts-faces-example2
 - not working atm

struts-scripting-mailreader
 - The way I brought this app up to 1.3.x, was to copy the
    latest mailreader and apply the changes manually.
    One caveat to note though is that session management is
    handled differently now in the mailreader app than it was
    with earlier versions.  The BaseAction checks for a user
    bean in the session.  I don't know how to do inheritence
    in groovy, so I'll punt on that for now.

I also spent some time looking at the site docs. They all seemed to run ok, and although I had to run the top level separately from action1, they look fine.

So, what's next?

--
James Mitchell