Ian Roughley wrote:
This is where my knowledge of dojo falls short, perhaps Martin can assist.

What I was planning on doing was using a compressed JS profile of dojo, and removing the individual files from the saf src. If we are pulling in individual files via dojo.require() do we need to keep the dojo src in the saf src?

Since we are using Dojo now for tooltips, we are importing a minimal dojo profile on every page (simple/head.ftl). Therefore, I think it is important to keep this minimal, leaving components to require other parts of dojo as they need. The power user will override simple/head.ftl and import the exact parts of dojo it needs so the later requires won't have a performance impact.

Don

If you like I can assist, but I won't have time till late next week at the earliest.

/Ian

Don Brown wrote:

Ian, what about using the minimal profile, but each component that needs something more can do a dojo.require() to pull it in? A user's application, that knows they need more, can overwrite head.ftl to change the profile. This is the change I plan to do today.

Don

Ian Roughley wrote:

Martin - which profile do you suggest? I had a quick look over the profiles awhile back, and the only ones from the kitchen sick that I thought could be removed were "flash" and "storage" - especially with the incorporation of more widgets.

The other option would be to have different profiles to download which are dependent on which widgets you are using, but this seems like it would be much more trouble as well as more custom configuration (which we have been trying to avoid). What are your thoughts?

My other plan (to which I owe Jason an apology as I ran out of time) was to upgrade to 0.2.2 and use the compressed version rather than the exploded version.

BTW - the dojo editor is already incorporated as an ajax themed textarea, however as for 0.2.1 it is still seems a little buggy.

/Ian