Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Struts Wiki" for change
notification.

The following page has been changed by MichaelJouravlev:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/RoughSpots

The comment on the change is:
XML-free configuration if JDK 1.5 is the target

    * [jcarreira] We've been using JDK 1.5 on Tomcat 5+ for over a year...
Everything we write and wire together is using generics and annotations.
    * [crazybob] +1 for JDK 1.5 since it came out. I have a lot of code I could
contribute which depends on the new concurrency libraries, etc.
+   * [MJ] With JDK 1.5 as a requirement for SAF2-based projects, users may be
inclined to take a look at
[http://stripes.mc4j.org/confluence/display/stripes/Home Stripes] first. It is
compact, it features event-dispatching, built-in validation and conversion,
Action and !ActionForm being one entity, and it allows to forgo XML config
files by using annotations. The last feature alone is worth sack o'gold. If
SAF2 is going to require JDK 1.5, it should allow XML-free configuration, at
least for simple use cases.