We might want to keep a straight-line mapping in the naming conventions, where

OpenSymphony -> Apache Struts
WebWork -> Action

A good reason to prefer "action-default.xml" to "struts-default.xml"
is that we want people to be able to use Struts Action 1 and Struts
Action 2 in the same application space. We already have a
"struts-config.xml". While these file names don't actually conflict,
it might be clearer to name the new configurations "action" rather
than "struts" to avoid confusion.

So, I would suggest that we use "action-default.xml", and any place
where we've started to say "struts", we might consider saying
"action", so as to avoid confusion and conflict with Struts Action 1.

-Ted.