I also thought I saw a post somewhere stating that IE 5.5 JS relied on something from IE 5.0?

/Ian

Rainer Hermanns (JIRA) wrote:
[ http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1097?page=comments#action_37198 ]
Rainer Hermanns commented on WW-1097:
-------------------------------------

Martin,
correct, but we send further messages to the DOJO list regarding IE 5.5 issues
and get no positive reply.
Someone mentions that IE 5.5 has only 2% market share left, so IE 5.5 support
will be dropped soon as well.

That's the real reason I am closing this issue now after talking to Ian
Roughley and several other AJAX implementors of ww2.2.x.
I still would love to see real IE 5.5 support, but it finally looks like there
is no chance for this.

For my personal requirements I implemented a "workaround" using prototype and script.aculo.us based AJAX tags, which work nice with IE 5.5 (based on s.a.u. 1.5.x).
DOJO and IE 5.5 are still a no go.... Check out DOJO's sample apps.... none of
them work out of the box with IE 5.5...

Sorry 'bout that,

cheers,
Rainer

AJAX tags not working with IE 5.5
---------------------------------

         Key: WW-1097
     Project: Struts Action 2
        Type: Bug

  Components: Views
    Versions: WW 2.2
 Environment: Windows, IE 5.5
    Reporter: Rainer Hermanns
    Assignee: Rainer Hermanns
     Fix For: 2.0

Lots of TypeErrors occur, when setting debug to true.