Michael Jouravlev wrote:
Don't we want to learn on others' mistakes? Or this *is* a plan for
Struts, to rename SAF2 to SAF sometime?

I agree with our historical approach to this: let time decide. If Struts Action 2 is widely accepted and supplants 1 in terms of usage and developer activity, then yeah, I'd imagine we'd drop the "2". However, if it doesn't go anywhere, we'd be keeping Action 1 the way it is as _the_ Struts Action Framework.

An example of each cases would be Maven and Ant. Maven is putting all their energy into 2, so in terms of developer activity and website coverage, they are largely assuming 2 when talking about "Maven". Ant, on the other hand, had several proposals and even code for Ant 2, however, they never really stuck so we just have "Ant" today.