On 5/14/06, Paul Benedict <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Listen to this logic: By making branding Tiles a 1.3.x version,
we are directly tying the product to struts. That implies it
is only for Struts, and that's not true.

Struts Tiles *is* tied directly to Struts Action -- look at the
dependency in action/tiles/pom.xml.

This is not Standalone Tiles we're talking about.  That's in the
sandbox and doesn't depend on Struts.

I am just bringing it up because we have very much
aligned Tiles to Struts with upgrading the Tiles DTD, and when
Struts 1.4 comes out, I expect Tiles 1.4 DTD too.

Yes.  But then, I always thought it was strange that there was no Tiles 1.2 DTD.

And yes, this means that once a Struts Action 1.3 release is voted GA,
that DTD, along with all the others, the TLDs and the public API, is
set.

A proposal (or at least a poll) might be in order to see whether we
want to keep the Tiles 1.3 DTD or just have 1.1 since it has not
changed.

--
Wendy