What about doing what Sun does with Xalan for Java 5 and rename XWork
packages?  With the changes we are making to XWork 2.0, I don't think
it will co-exist with WebWork 2.2.2/3 very well, if at all.

Therefore:

com.opensymphony.xwork

will become:

org.apache.struts.action2.com.opensymphony.xwork or
org.apache.com.opensymphony.xwork or even
org.apache.struts.action2.xwork

If the new API does its job, XWork should be completely hidden for the
user anyways and for legacy apps, they just need a simple refactoring.

Don