If that is the case, then jarjar seems to be a great solution. Anyone know if it has a Maven 2 plugin?

Don

Chris Nokleberg wrote:
I'm not sure how easy it would be to change the license, but that really
shouldn't be necessary. As you say it is just a build tool so there is no
need to distribute the source, or even have the source checked in. I did a
few quick searches and found:

 "ASF projects can use GPL/LGPL code during the build process so long as
  there is no runtime dependency in the code produced."

Link here:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=104459003800562&w=2

I'm sure you could find a bunch of existing examples.

Let me know if you have any technical problems getting jarjar to work.
From what I understand it does seem like a quick solution to your problem.

Chris