Craig McClanahan wrote:
On 6/21/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm suggesting something bigger: Struts 2.0.  This release will come with
SAF2,
Shale, Tags, and maybe Action 1.x for legacy reasons.  We would continue
develop SAF2, Shale, and Tags, but the world would just need to see Struts
2.0.
  Its documentation will tie the projects together and provide coherent
advice
on how to write a simple application (using Action 2 and either Action 2
tags or
JSF) to when to use what library where.  This release would be the
one-stop-shop
for users wanting to use the latest "Struts" has to offer.  It goes back
Struts' roots as a single solution for web development needs.

Would you anticipate the bundling would just be "the latest and greatest
released version of each piece" or some sort of coordinated simultaneous
releases?  The latter doesn't sound feasible, given our track record with
getting things out quickly even by themselves :-).

The former :) This would be the latest and greatest, ideally at 6-9 month intervals, although that timeframe could just be me dreaming :)

One point of clarification - when I talked about the common narrative of a simple app using Action 2 and using both JSF and SAF2 tags, I mean that as a demonstration of a simple application using the "best" of Struts 2.0. I don't expect the committers to agree it is the "best" way to develop a simple app, as I don't think that is a realistic expectation.

Craig